Our first concern is the health and well-being of our clients and customers, as well as those of our team members. You can rely on us to take great care throughout our Sales and Lettings activities as we follow the relevant advice from Government and our professional bodies. Following the Government's announcement on 8 December 2021 that Plan B Measures will come into effect, there will be some changes to the way in which we operate whilst our aim will always be to offer the most professional, effective and friendly service to our clients and customers.The following are the key points of our policy, devised to avoid the risk of infection during the course of our usual business activities.
- OUR OFFICES ARE OPEN FOR ESSENTIAL VISITORS ONLY: Most of our team continue to work from our offices but our door will be locked. Naturally, we are here to give out and receive keys and important documents. During this time, please do contact us by phone or email - or click HERE to send us a note.
- HERE TO HELP: Our team are ready to assist you with your move and will naturally avoid any physical contact with clients, customers and visitors, maintaining a safe distance from everyone, including other team members. All team members have agreed to follow our own strict safety procedures to ensure they minimise any risk to our clients, other team members and themselves. We continue to avoid the use of printed media such as letters and sales brochures and will send these as PDFs by email instead.
- VALUATIONS: Our experienced team are ready to provide in-person valuation visits to clients' homes. We will ask clients to confirm in advance whether anyone at the property, or living there, has any symptoms of a viral illness or whether anyone is considered to be at risk and in which case, we may decide that conducting a virtual valuation is more appropriate. Immediately prior to the visit, our team member will sanitise their hands and will wear a facemask whilst inside the property, unless the client prefers them not to do so.
- VIEWINGS: We're ready to offer accompanied viewings on our clients' homes, as usual by prior appointment. In the case of occupied properties, we can only conduct viewings where the owner or occupier has confirmed in advance that they have no symptoms of a viral illness and that they know of no reason why they would pose a risk. Up to two viewers from the same party will be able to view but children may not be included. We will ask viewers to confirm in advance that they have no symptoms of a viral illness and that they know of no reason why they would pose a risk.
Where a client is there too, we will ask them to stay distant from the viewing party. Immediately before the viewing our team member will sanitise their hands. Whilst inside the property they will wear a facemask and will aim to keep a safe distance from all parties. We will ask viewers to sanitise their hands immediately before the viewing and while inside the property, to wear a facemask at all times (we cannot provide these). We will ask the viewing party to remain together and with our team member at all times and that they do not touch anything at the property - we are there to open doors and show cupboards etc., On some properties it may be agreed with our client that, to reduce risks, we only carry out viewings from buyers who are ready to proceed or pre-approved tenants in the case of rental properties. For the same reason, we may only be able to carry out viewings for those that have already seen the property and its location from outside.
- OTHER VISITORS TO YOUR PROPERTY: Where we are sending any unaccompanied visitor to your home, for instance your buyer's surveyor or a contractor in the case of a rental property, we will ask that visitor(s) to confirm in advance that they have no symptoms of a viral illness and that they know of no reason why they would pose a risk. Again for safety, we will also ask you the client or occupier to confirm the same. We will request that unaccompanied visitors adopt a similarly safe policy for their visit and if you are not happy that they have done so, you should deny access. Naturally, we cannot be held responsible where such a visitor fails to adopt a safe policy.
This advice and these procedures will remain under constant review and may be updated. We will of course appreciate the co-operation of our clients and customers as we endeavour to operate within this policy. However, despite our best efforts, we cannot be held responsible for any action of others that might increase risk. I know that my team will do everything possible to safeguard our clients and customers whilst carrying on our everyday business.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.Richard Saundersupdated 10 December 2021